5:00 pm and I need me some coffee.
It’s been an off day. I’ve been spilling things, my mind is elsewhere. Lots of things to think about and do this upcoming week….but here’s what I did this past weekend!
I didn’t update over the weekend because well, I was having a wonderful time with my guy in Chicago! We’re doing the long distance thing so it’s certainly nice to get away and see each other at least once in a month or two. Sounds crazy right – AT LEAST meet up once in a month or two! That’s the way it has to be….hopefully just for a little while longer.
We roamed around, loved downtown Chi-town, Buckingham Fountain, Navy Pier, boat rides….! I really wanted to bike along the lakeshore but it was too hot and humid for this. Hopefully next time! 🙂 I can enjoy biking along the lakeshore nearby my house for now!
Food was wonderful! Here are some eats from our Chicago trip:
Pita Heaven, that was absolutely delicious food. We’re both vegetarians so we got this:
A giant arugula salad with goat cheese, almond, tomatoes, honey & balsamic vinaigrette. Spinach pie with side salad and pasta. Falafel wrap (not pictured) with fries!
We also had veggie hot dogs from the hot dog place at Navy Pier. For dessert the Almond Caramel Crisp Popcorn from Garrett.
– Penne pasta, spaghetti, side salad & two beautiful glasses of red wine from an Italian bistro. Ending the meal off with two mugs of cappuccino (mine was almond flavoured) with a delicious giant cookie!
– We also enjoyed a spinach alfredo pizza topped with veggies from Papa Johns
– Green tea froyo from Yogen Fruz
– Chilling at Dunkin Donuts with iced tea & frozen coffee
– A slice of mushroom spinach pizza with side salad from Sarpinos
– I enjoyed this drink from Margaritaville!! Havana Banana, it was delishhh! & beer for the guy 🙂
– Other Margaritaville eats & drinks: spinach & artichoke dip with tortilla chips, tropical fruit margarita (banana & strawberry) which was not so wow, but the bahama mama (soo yumm)!
To sum it all up, we walked a LOT, ate a LOT and along with all this we drank lots and lots of water.
All in all a wonderful weekend 🙂 But very sad that we had to leave and fly back to our separate cities…
Till next time!
Places we ate at: