So what’s been happening since last time?
– First off I want to thank Rachelle @ http://sweethomepasadena.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster Award!! What an honor & I am so excited! Thank you so much Rachelle 🙂 I will be writing about this in the above new page/tab. Yayaya!
– I got to catch up with my best buds over some awesome food at Boston Pizza. Isn’t it just amazing when you haven’t seen each other in so long because you’re in different countries and when you finally sit down to catch up it’s as if you haven’t missed a beat! Best ever! 🙂 We girlies ended up sharing two huge salads, Strawberry Pecan & the Santa Fe. Then we ordered a large Spicy Perogy pizza. We could barely finish two slices! It was deliciousy spicy and perogy-ish! ❤ We ended off with coffee and as the night went on we still hadn’t finished talking so we ordered one brownie with coffee refills! What A NIGHT! I was wired from all that coffee & couldn’t sleep till 4 am 😉
– I’ve been working on my residency applications & getting it ready to send off in September. Personal statements, LORs, CV, online applications, researching programs. Argh! So a little bit of time before that but still a lot left to do. Hope this turns out to be a successful year for me. It’s getting to be a very expensive process – from school to applications!
– I’m been bad about my exercise habits. There are too many days inbetween which are “rest days”. Yikes!
– “V” received his birthday gift! I sent him a “Birthday Box” filled with all sorts of goodies! ❤ He loved it!
– Another birthday coming up this week, my best friend is celebrating her 30th! 🙂 We have something planned to send her!
– I tried my own recipe for protein brownies. It was a big time fail! I baked it and it was so so soooo dry my family almost choked. I ended up eating it soaked in almond milk 😛
– I’ll end off with a very simple peanut chutney recipe I made yesterday and today which is a big hit at home! We eat this with dosa or you can even spread it over toast / roti and enjoy it! Watch out for the spicyness factor, it can make your mouth and tummy burn 😉 Just like I am experiencing right NOW!
Ok, well not the most attractive photo. Kinda looks like hummus….or well….ok it’s peanut chutney 😉
1 cup raw peanuts
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
1 tablespoon honey
0.5 – 1 teaspoon green chilli ( I prefer this) OR red chilli flakes depending on how spicy you like it
0.25- 0.5 teaspoon salt to taste
water to thin out the chutney while grinding
Dry roast the peanuts in the microwave for about a minute to a minute and a half on high. Make sure you watch that it doesn’t burn.
Next take the tamarind paste and stick it in a bowl with about 1/4 cup water and heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Take out any seeds.
Then after both the peanuts and tamarind water cools down I stick them all in my handy dandy Magic Bullet and grind the peanuts, tamarind with water, honey, chilli, salt and keep adding water to thin it out – BUT not TOO watery.
Other recipes will mention adding onion / garlic, but I decided to keep it simple and it turned out delicious and NO extra added OIL 🙂
You can keep the chutney in the fridge and use the left overs for another day! YUM! ❤
Till next time!